Quality Air Conditioning Repair Services in the Greater Raleigh Area
Summer is the time for outdoor fun in the sun, but when the temperature starts to rise, you’ll appreciate the cool indoor comfort your air conditioner provides. Unfortunately, your AC unit takes a beating when the heat is oppressive, so it may break down when you need it the most. If your AC unit isn’t working right, call the experts at Mitchell Heating & Cooling today.
Our Comprehensive AC Repair Service
A broken air conditioner is very inconvenient, and the situation can become a lot more aggravating if your service provider isn’t returning your phone calls. At Mitchell Heating & Cooling, we offer 24/7 emergency service, and we have a live tech available on weekends and holidays. We’re a Trane Comfort Specialist dealer and our service technicians are NATE certified, so they can service all major brands.
We’ve dealt with every kind of air conditioner breakdown imaginable, and we’ll quickly figure out what’s wrong with your air conditioner and fix it fast.
Air Conditioner Repair Problems
When our customers call for service, here are some of the most common issues they describe:
- Buzzing sound from the compressor
- Excess humidity when the air conditioner is running
- Grinding, whining or other strange noises
- Fused contactors
- No power to the unit
- Warm air blowing from the supply registers
- The blower is running, but the condenser won’t engage
Understanding the Air Conditioner Repair Process
During the summer, it’s pretty easy to tell if your air conditioner isn’t working right away. We’re always looking for the best way to fix your unit inexpensively without compromising quality. Here are a few of the AC repair problems our service technicians encounter every day:
- Compressor Failures: The compressor is the most expensive component in your AC system. They usually fail after 10 years or more in service. If you have a non-warranty compressor failure, it’s usually best to replace the entire unit.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Low refrigerant is a silent problem that negatively impacts your air conditioner’s efficiency and may cause permanent damage. We’ll always check your refrigerant levels to determine if there are any leaks in the system.
- Electrical Issues: Electrical problems are complex, and if your AC unit isn’t powering up, it’s likely a wiring or breaker issue. Air conditioners run on 208/230 voltage, so only a properly trained and certified HVAC technician can work on HVAC electrical systems.
- Clogged Condensate Drain: Condensate drains are essential to eliminate the moisture that’s removed from the air inside your home. Clogged condensate drain lines can cause water to back up in the drain pan and eventually overflow. We have specialized tools to clear drain lines and clean drain pans.
Complete Air Conditioning Repair Services
At Mitchell Heating & Cooling, customer satisfaction is always guaranteed. We’re committed to offering prompt service and getting the job done right the first time.
Our service technicians will fix your AC system so your home stays cool and comfortable all summer long. Contact us today to learn more about our AC repair service. Our service area includes Rolesville, Wake Forest, Durham, Raleigh, NC and the surrounding areas.