Indoor Air Quality Products and Services in Raleigh, NC and Surrounding Areas
Modern homes and buildings have tight perimeters to save energy, but the lack of air exchange may lead to indoor air quality (IAQ) issues. Pollutants that accumulate inside your home can affect those with allergies, COPD, asthma and other respiratory conditions.
How We Address Air Quality Problems
At Mitchell Heating & Cooling, we understand that nothing is more important than the health and safety of your family. We’ve developed a complete IAQ strategy that will help keep your home cleaner and healthier.
- Mechanical Ventilators: Today’s tight homes usually don’t have sufficient air exchange, so it’s critical to establish a fresh air pathway. Mechanical ventilators pull fresh air from outside into the living area while exhausting contaminated indoor air. Some models offer an energy recovery option to lower the unit’s operating costs.
- Air Purifiers: Air filters play an essential role in eliminating contaminants from your home. We carry filters in a variety of styles, including pleated, electronic, cabinet and electrostatic models. The effectiveness of a filter is measured by its MERV rating, which is determined by measuring the size and quantity of particulate matter the filter captures. We recommend a minimum MERV 7 filter if your system has sufficient static pressure.
- Air Humidifiers: Humidity has a significant impact on your comfort and energy costs. When the air is too dry, contaminants remain airborne, which aggravates symptoms in those with respiratory conditions. Central humidifiers help maintain a healthy level of humidity to alleviate dry skin, static electricity and wood splitting.
Indoor Air Quality Benefits
Clean indoor air provides a number of important benefits your whole family will appreciate:
- Less Cleaning: Trapped dust eventually settles on fixtures, counters and floors. When we install a high-tech IAQ system, you’ll notice a lot less dirt and dust accumulating in your home, so you won’t have to clean as much. Those horrible lingering smells will be gone for good.
- Improved HVAC Equipment Performance: All of the nasty stuff in the air gets drawn into your cooling and heating system where it clings to critical internal parts. You’ll see a decline in performance over time, and your utility bills and repair costs will begin to rise. HVAC systems that stay clean on the inside cost less to operate and last longer.
- Better Health: Eliminating airborne contaminants will help reduce the inflammation and irritation that affects those with respiratory illness.
The Indoor Air Quality Pros
If you want to learn more about the damage caused by substandard IAQ, call one of our indoor air quality experts today. They’ll answer all your questions and can help design a comprehensive strategy to keep your indoor air healthy and smelling fresh. Our service area includes Rolesville, Wake Forest, Durham and Raleigh, NC, as well as Charleston, I'On and Mount Pleasant, SC.