Heat Pump Services Including Repair and Installation Available in the Greater Raleigh Area
Gas furnaces burn fossil fuel, but a heat pump works by moving thermal energy from one place to another. Heat pumps give you both cooling and heating from a single unit, so you won’t need to buy a separate furnace and AC unit. If you need heat pump services, call the pros at Mitchell Heating & Cooling.
A Look Inside a Heat Pump System
Heat pumps and air conditioners work in a similar manner, but heat pumps are equipped with a reversing valve that allows the refrigerant to flow in both directions. While the refrigeration cycle is nearly identical to an air conditioner, the reversing valve engages in the heating mode and transfers heat from outdoors into your home. The efficiency of a heat pump declines significantly in frigid weather, but they’re perfect for mild climates like we experience in Raleigh.
Heat Pump Repair
Trane heat pumps are built for rugged dependability, but even the best systems eventually succumb to the effects of long cycles and harsh operating conditions. If your heat pump breaks down during severe weather, we’ll send out a NATE certified technician who will quickly find the problem and fix it fast. We carry many common parts on our service trucks, so most repairs are finished in just one visit. For emergencies, we’re available 24/7, and you’ll always speak to a live technician.
Heat Pump Installation
For retrofit and new construction applications, it’s important to choose a heat pump that won’t bust your budget while still providing the right level of comfort and efficiency. At Mitchell Heating & Cooling, every new heat pump installation includes the following:
- Load Calculations: A successful heat pump installation begins in the design stage of the project. Before we present you with equipment options, we’ll run load calculations on your home to determine exactly how much conditioned air each room needs to keep your family comfortable all year round.
- Warranty: We offer a 12-year warranty on material and labor for replacement systems.
- System Balancing: We run a complete test balance on all supply and return ductwork per ACCA Manual B.
- Quality Assurance: Our service technicians conduct a comprehensive quality control audit on all new installations.
- Ductwork Services: For replacement systems, we’ll look for loose connects and inspect your ductwork to determine if it’s sealed properly.
Preventive maintenance is essential to lower your utility bills, reduce repair costs and extend the life of your equipment. Twice a year in the preseason, our service technicians will visit your home and conduct a variety of critical tests, inspections and calibrations so small problems can be corrected before they become major headaches.
We are the Heat Pump Experts
If you’re looking for fast and efficient heat pump service, call the professionals at Mitchell Heating & Cooling. A home solutions advisor can answer your questions and set up a convenient appointment to learn more about your heat pump options.